North Texas Naturists (NTN) is devoted to the wholesome acceptance of the human body and the enjoyment of nude recreation. Nudism/Naturism is not about sex, it is about freedom and acceptance. North Texas Naturists is not a sexually oriented club and both couples and singles are welcome.Our goal is the development of a diverse membership consisting of a mix of couples, families and singles. We provide a means for people to get together and enjoy recreational activities in the nude and experience the support of a like minded group.Do not be concerned about your own personal appearance. Everyone is different and that diversity is celebrated and accepted. There is no such thing as a perfect body. We believe that the mutual acceptance of club members leads to a healthier acceptance of ourselves.We are a non-landed club which means we do not own any club facilities, but operate as a travel recreation club, meeting at designated recreation sites and member's homes. We plan a variety of activities, ranging from trips to landed nudist resorts in Texas to a simple afternoon of skinny dipping and nude sunbathing at Hippie Hollow on Lake Travis near Austin. We are based in the Dallas - Fort Worth area. We are affiliated with the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) and with The Naturist Society (TNS) and we embrace the core principles and philosophies of those organizations.
North Texas Naturists plans to hold at least one event per month. During the summer months, NTN will try to schedule two or more events per month. You may check out the event page on our web site to review our past and upcoming events. Please check back for our frequent event updates. NTN members can volunteer to organize and host an event at their home and are encouraged to contact our activities director for more information.
There is so much to do! NTN plans group day and overnight trips to area nudist resorts where you can enjoy active pursuits like playing volleyball, basketball, softball and tennis. You can enjoy swimming, sunbathing or just relaxing in a hot tub. Most resorts offer hiking and nature walks. We also plan barbeques, pot luck dinners, movie nights, game nights, themed parties and all sorts of other activities. Our activities are just about anything you would do clothed while visiting a beach or resort only more.
Steps for Obtaining Membership in NTN
Membership is open to all adults, regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status. NTN does not enforce any quota system in an attempt to achieve parity of the sexes. We believe that the opportunity to enjoy wholesome, non-sexual nudity should be open and available to all. While NTN strongly supports family nude recreation, individual NTN membership is open only to adults. Given the somewhat controversial nature of nude recreation and the desire to avoid potential legal complications, it is the policy of NTN to admit only adult applicants, age 18 and above.
We are associated with the two major national nudist organizations, the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) and The Naturist Society (TNS). Membership in North Texas Naturists requires membership in one of either of these organizations, with the choice left to the member. Membership with AANR includes the monthly newspaper of the AANR, The Bulletin, discounts at nude resorts, and legal representation to protect our right to enjoy nude recreation. Membership with TNS includes the excellent quarterly magazine N, discounts at nude resorts and legal representation in defending our rights.
Currently, NTN assesses no club dues and the costs of participating are limited to the cost of obtaining membership in either AANR or TNS and any fees required for members who attend group outings to area landed resorts.
In order to become a member of North Texas Naturists one must:
Interested persons may obtain an NTN membership application by visiting our contact page.
North Texas Naturists Club Policies and Nude Etiquette.
The following are the adopted NTN Club Policies and Nude Etiquette, which is expected at any NTN event.
1. NTN is not sexually oriented. Sexual activity will not be tolerated in association with any NTN event. Violations will be grounds for expulsion from any event and for termination of membership in NTN. Sexual activity is minimally defined as anyone intentionally causing sexual arousal to himself/herself or to someone else.
2. Sexual propositioning of any kind during an NTN event, clothed or unclothed is prohibited.
3. Harassing activity of any kind during an NTN event, clothed or unclothed is prohibited. Harassing activity is minimally defined as unwelcome attention, unwelcome physical touching, sexual comments about a person's body parts or derogatory or belittling comments directed toward any person based on a person's physical appearance, ethnicity, race, color or sexual orientation. Any conduct or behavior that would require an apology will not be tolerated.
4. Excessive drinking, use of illegal substances, profanity, obscene or vulgar language, offensive familiarity, or offensive or indiscreet behavior is prohibited. Alcohol use in general is permitted at NTN events held at landed clubs and resorts but is left to the discretion of the host(s) at events held at the private residences of members. Hosts may request an alcohol free party.
5. When alcohol consumption is permitted at any NTN event, it will be BYOB only. Neither NTN or member hosts shall provide or serve alcohol to any party attendee. This is for the protection of the club and individual member hosts from any possible legal liability.
6. Smoking and the use of tobacco may be permitted at NTN events held at landed clubs and resorts where the rules of the specific club or resort permit it. Where permitted members will utilize designated areas if any for tobacco use and will utilize designated receptacles for disposal of cigarette butts and tobacco products. At events held at the private residences of club members, permissibility of tobacco use is left to the discretion of the hosts who may prohibit smoking and the use of tobacco.
7. Do not under any circumstances exit a host's private residence without your clothes on or otherwise expose yourself where you would be visible to neighbors. Besides causing a possible embarrassing situation for the host(s) with their neighbors, we don't need the local police showing up at the door.
8. Members are responsible for any damage to host's property due to their own willful or negligent actions or the willful or negligent actions of their sponsored guests.
9. Always sit on a towel. Never use a wet towel on furniture in a host's home.
10. Use coasters under drink cups. If you don't see the coasters, please ask the host.
11. Pick up after yourself, and always offer to help clean up at the end of the party.
12. House party times are generally 6:00 pm to 12:00 am unless specified otherwise. Respect the host(s) by leaving on time. Don't wait to be asked to leave.
13. Follow the rules of the landed clubs that NTN visits as a group. Be aware that your conduct and behavior will impact on the reputation of NTN.
14. Attendance at NTN house parties is limited to adults over the age of 18 as such are adult functions in the same sense as a clothed cocktail party is an adult function. However, any NTN event held at landed clubs or other locations where children under 18 years old are permitted, children are welcome to attend with their families. Parents of any children attending an NTN event are solely responsibly for the conduct and behavior of their children and for their proper supervision.